|Friday, May 24, 2013
AWARENESS . . . . . Did you know?
FINDING SOLUTIONS WILL TAKE ALL OF US!
The Community Problem In Linn County in FY 2010:
- 5,520 Individuals were served by the local programs in CR
- Over 2,400 Individuals were TURNED AWAY in FY 2010!!
Most Are Families Working Temp or Part-time Jobs!
- 51% are Children & Youth
- 32% are Women
- 17% are Men
In Cedar Rapids alone ...
- In January of 2011, 345 individuals were served by local homeless programs, or living on the street.
- There are currently almost 3,000 applicants on the waiting list in Linn County for Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8).
One out of ten homeless adult individuals served in the Armed Forces
- 57% of homeless individuals have completed high school or a GED